The Severnaya Bunker Complex takes place underground after the Severnaya Installation 2. James is caught by the guards and is thrown in jail. There, he meets a woman named Natalya Fyodorovna Simonova who is there because they believe she betrayed her countrymen. Bond may call the guard over and sneaks the key from him with a magnet on his watch. Bond then gets Natalya out and they must survive through the level. Bond has to pick up a CCTV tape, compare staff and casualties lists, and has to retrieve a book and his weapons from the safe, all while needing to escape with Natalya. The surroundings are silver colored walls that look like tile. The guards used are the Arctic Commandos, and they use KF7 Soviets and Klobbs.
More Arctic Commandos show up with DD44 Dostoveis and occasionally Klobbs or KF7 Soviets if the alarm is activated during the mission. These guards wear armor and have generally better aim than the normal Arctic Commandos found on this level, making the mission much harder to complete.
Bond and Natalya escape from the bunker's front entrance when all objectives are complete.
Weapons[edit | edit source]
Silenced PP7 (single and dual wield)
DD44 Dostovei (Reinforcements if Russian Spetznaz)
Klobb (Held by Russian Spetznaz, often held dually)
KF7 Soviet (Held by Russian Spetznaz)
Gadgets[edit | edit source]
Watch Magnet Attract (Given by default)
Enemies[edit | edit source]
Arctic Commando (Russian Spetznaz)
Drone Guns (Wall Guns)
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Approaching the bars by Natalya starts a conversation in which Bond will try to fool the guard into releasing him.
- A computer monitor in the room nearest to the cells shows an animated image of Karl Hilton "talking", a former Rare employee. At the time, he was the Scenic Art Director of the game.
- Bond is able to carry two Silenced PP7s after unlocking the safe. This is the last time the Silenced PP7 appeared in the game.
- Where you start, there is a hole with water in it. In the hacked pre-release GoldenEye, this hole is available for entry and it contains a knife. In the newer GoldenEye, the hole is covered over by a grate, and the knife is still visible. The knife can be obtained with the watch magnet attract.
- The CCTV tape picked up in this mission seems to have the cover for the GoldenEye movie.
Glitches[edit | edit source]
- Using a grenade, at the end of the level, allows the player to kill Natalya in the ending cinematic.
- Cheated Only: Setting eight remote mines on the eight monitors in the main control room and detonating them will cause the game's physics to glitch out; all projectiles (thrown weapons, rockets and grenades) will hang in the air where they are fired.