Previous level: Aztec (Bonus level) ↔ Next level: N/A
Mission at el-Saghira Temple, Egypt, more commonly known by its mission select name Egyptian, is the final bonus mission in GoldenEye. This mission can only be unlocked by completing Aztec on 00 Agent. Unlike Aztec, this mission isn't based on a specific Bond film/movie, although its general appearance is no doubt modelled after the Egyptian scenes in The Spy Who Loved Me; instead it features a variety of elements taken from various Bond films merged into a plot designed to follow on from some of these movies. The map features a layout that suggests it may have been designed for multiplayer and later adapted to solo. For it's multi mode version, It has no obvious start point and loops around on itself as all the multiplayer-only maps do. Bond recovers the Golden Gun here and must battle Baron Samedi.
The level includes a rather strange puzzle to recover the Golden Gun; in a room with a tiled floor, Bond must follow the correct path to the Golden Gun. Stepping on the incorrect tile, will render the Golden Gun inaccessible and result in four bulletproof Drone Guns activating, with the only option being to flee the room through the door to the far left of the room and re-entering to reset the puzzle. However, sometimes, the fleeing may not be an option, as Bond may be killed by these guns if not done quickly, and in some cases, it's not even normally possible, as these guns are firing fast, and are quite deadly. In this case, it is probably possible to retry this mission.
It is not at all clear how the player is supposed to figure out the correct path of the puzzle, other than sheer trial and error.
Music[edit | edit source]
Weapons[edit | edit source]
What players can obtain:
- PP7 Special Issue - Default
- ZMG (9mm) - dually held by Russian Infantry
- Hand Grenade - Dropped or thrown by Russian Infantry
- Golden Gun - Found in a booby-trapped location, that needs to be followed in a specified path. Required in the mission.
- First appearance - DD44 Dostovei
- Second Samedi Appearance - ZMG (9mm)
- Third appearance - Moonraker Laser
Enemies[edit | edit source]
- Russian Infantry (All of these guards in this mission, mostly have dual ZMGs)
- Autoguns (Indestructible in this mission, appear to be Drone Turrets)
- Baron Samedi (Has magic dual DD44s)
Multiplayer[edit | edit source]
Egyptian is one of the five solo stages included in GoldenEye's multiplayer. Oddly enough, the map is large but is allowed to be limited to two players.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Despite being the final mission in the game, its multiplayer counterpart (Temple) is the first multiplayer level
- It was originally known under the name "Crypt" in the beta (found through hacking).
- In the watch menu, more specifically on the objectives sub-menu, it is still called Crypt.
- Baron Samedi was originally a villain in the 1973 James Bond film Live and Let Die, while the Golden Gun was the signature weapon of villain Francisco Scaramanga in the following year's The Man with the Golden Gun. Both films starred Roger Moore as James Bond.
- This is the only level in the game to not have the standard rifles: The KF7 Soviet, D5K Deutsche, AR33 Assault Rifle.