Frigate was, at least for a time, planned for inclusion in multiplayer as evidenced by the string dest alongside the other multiplayer stage strings. A multiplayer GameShark setup for the stage was created by bmw.
- Frigate's pre-release name was Destroyer. bmw reused this name for his multiplayer Frigate setup.
- It is important to remember on Secret Agent and above that Bond has to fire the Bomb Defuser at the bombs. Approaching a bomb and pressing "use" will result in Bond detonating the bomb.
- Frigate bears little resemblance to the La Fayette and has a ship number of 06 instead of F701. The vessel most closely resembles an American Kidd or British Sheffield-Class destroyer, though it may have been based on the American Garcia or Brooke-Class frigates.
- Xenia Onatopp was supposed to appear in the Frigate mission, according to the briefing. The level contains an inactive spawn for the "helicopter pilot" NPC, indicating this was probably supposed to be Xenia.
- The Carrier level in the Wii game resembles the Frigate level.
- Moneypenny's original section of the briefing stated:
You know what I'm worried about, James.
I won't be a bit impressed if you let that Xenia woman get Onatopp of you.