The Golden Gun is Francisco Scaramanga's personal weapon of assassination in Bond film - The Man with the Golden Gun, and the second strongest weapon in Goldeneye 007 (second to the Gold PP7). Its only appearance is in the bonus mission Egyptian, but it is available afterwards as its own cheat. The Golden Gun is a high-risk, high-kill-probability type of a weapon, because it only holds one bullet at a time and must be reloaded after every time it is fired. Due to its extreme power, it can kill almost any enemy in GoldenEye 007 with a single shot.
The Golden Gun is also available in multiplayer in its own weapon set titled, fittingly enough, Golden Gun. It is also the main focus of The Man With The Golden Gun scenario, where there are two golden guns. The second one appears when the first has been picked up (Even though there was only 1 Golden Gun in the film.)
In order to get the Golden Gun in Egyptian, Bond must walk through a room only touching the correct floor tiles. If he steps on the wrong tile, a bulletproof glass shield will surround the weapon and its ammunition, and four alcoves containing drone guns will open. Bond must then flee the room in order to close the drone gun alcoves, which will allow him to attempt the tile puzzle again.
This weapon is also available in The Golden Gun Mode on the Nintendo Wii version of GoldenEye 007.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This weapon is used by the assassin Francisco Scaramanga in The Man with the Golden Gun. In the film, Scaramanga can disassemble the Golden Gun into:
- A fountain pen for the barrel;
- A lighter for the breech;
- A cigarette case for the grip;
- A cuff-link for the trigger.
All of these objects are gold plated, which lead to the gun being named The Golden Gun.
- Scaramanga gets multiple "one-hit" kills with the Golden Gun, leading to its eponymous ability of one-hit kills in the James Bond games. The background section of Egyptian's briefing mentions Scaramanga, calling him the deadliest assassin of all time.
- The Golden Gun may have the similar firing sound as the D5K Deutsche.
Hacking Notes[edit | edit source]
- Oddly, when a guard is assigned this weapon, they will fire it like an automatic weapon. This can be seen in an unmodified game by using a cheat to give Bond the Golden Gun in Depot. By triggering the ending cutscene with the Golden Gun as the active weapon, and without killing the guards on Trevelyan's train, Bond will then proceed to kill the guards by firing the gun like an automatic weapon.
Multi Mode Notes[edit | edit source]
- In Multiplayer, if a character has +10 health from the handicap option in the multiplayer set-up, and body armor, and is shot once in the limbs, they will survive with all their body armor destroyed and their health bar with six bars on the watch reticule remaining. With this knowledge it is possible to survive up to 4 shots without dying under the conditions listed above. (You would have to pick up another body armor after every shot.) This also works for the Gold PP7.
Other Notes And Possible Glitches/Other[edit | edit source]
The Golden Gun may be able to kill almost every character with one hit, with the exception for:
- Baron Samedi's 3rd phase, when shooting the limb. It takes 2-3 shots on the limb. Chest may take 2 shots and head takes 1 shot.
- Enemies in invulnerable states due to programming's conditions on when characters take damage or not. Examples include Trevelyan in Statue Park and Caverns as he is un-killable in that level. This can easily be experimented with cheats.