Please note that this is the Goldeneye Wiki's article on the attachment for assault rifles in the 2010 GoldenEye games. If you are looking for the article on the grenade launcher in the 1997 GoldenEye 007 then you should head to Grenade Launcher.
Grenade Launcher (Attachment)
Overview[edit | edit source]
The Grenade Launcher attachment fires exploding rounds from the underside of the attached gun in a similar manner to the Grenade Launcher from Goldeneye 64. When the player starts out in a multiplayer round the Grenade Launcher comes with one round loaded and one in reserve. Maximum ammo for any Grenade Launcher is one round loaded and two in reserve.
In the Wii version a grenade launcher is selected as the third fire mode of the host rifle, while in Reloaded it is selected using the pad-left command used to attach the P99's silencer.
A quirk of the ammo system makes it very hard to pick up more grenades; to get grenade ammo for an equipped weapon the player must find a weapon which has exactly the same attachments. For example, if the player has an Anova DP3 with Grenade Launcher and ACOG Sight, they can get grenade ammo by finding another Anova DP3 with Grenade Launcher and ACOG Sight, but will not get more ammo from an Anova DP3 with Grenade Launcher and Reflex Sight.
This can be worked around awkwardly; if the player drops the weapon they want grenade ammo for, picks up another with a grenade launcher and swaps it for the original, they will have grenade ammo. However, the original weapon will have spontaneously emptied its magazine and grenade launcher, so the maximum number of grenades that can be picked up this way is two (as the player will pick up the cap of 2 rounds with an empty launcher).
Weapons[edit | edit source]
The following weapons can mount a Grenade Launcher:
- AK-47 - Mounts a BG-15, an obscure ancestor of the GP-25 and GP-30.
- Anova DP3 - Mounts an AG-C grenade launcher, a rail-mounted version of the AG36.
- Kallos-TT9 - Mounts an FN EGLM.
- Terralite III - Mounts an M203.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- None of the grenade launchers mount their appropriate indirect fire sights.
- The BG-15 reloading animation uses the same 40mm grenade model as the other three launchers, rather than the special VOG caseless grenade the launcher is actually supposed to use.
- The M203 mounted on the Terralite III is actually modelled from an Airsoft version, visible from its flimsy rail attachment, solid trigger guard and lack of a safety.