The Hunting Knife is a weapon very similar to unarmed but much more powerful, in that, it can most certainly kill guards with at least one hit. It is actually one of the strongest weapons in the game and can be dual wielded to make it even more deadly. It is not available without the use of Cheats. Sadly, like the unarmed, this weapon can not break boxes or glass. This weapon has a low range and can only hit when next to the enemy. This weapon is not featured in Multiplayer without the use of Button Hacks/Cheats or GameShark.
Names[edit | edit source]
- 1P Watch List: Hunting Knife
- 1P Abort/Mission Status Screen: Knife
- Pickup: Hunting Knife
- Weapon of Choice: Hunting Knife
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It is one of two knives in the game. The other one being - the throwable knife.
- This weapon is called the fighting knife in the manual.
- In the Japanese version of GoldenEye 007, the cheat in the cheat menu, known as "2x Hunting Knife", has been replaced with a cheat "Dual-Wielded Sniper Rifle and Grenade Launcher". This is because, at the time of 1997/1998, there has been a series of murders in Japan, involving knives. So this knives cheat, has been removed from this version of GoldenEye 007, because of it's offensive symbolism to these murders. Based on this, it's possible to assume that, most appearance of this knife have been removed from this version ("All Guns" Cheat and similar/knife-referencing).