Jungle is the level in GoldenEye 007. It is located in the Cuban Jungle where the Janus Control Centre is located, and has drone guns and Jungle Commandos. After Bond and Natalya's Aeroplane is shot down by a missile, they are forced to reach the control centre on foot. However, they soon come under attack from the ruthless Xenia Onatopp, who is intent on preventing them from foiling Trevelyan's plans. After a quick gunfight, Xenia collapses dead at Bond's feet and he promptly continues his journey with Natalya. This mission has no music for the majority of it, apart from the ambience sound that is heard, and will have the "X" version of Jungle when Fighting Onatopp or Escaping in an elevator.
PP7 Special Issue (Given by Default)
US AR33 Assault Rifle (held by Jungle Commandos)
RC-P90 (Xenia Onatopp)
Grenade Launcher (Xenia Onatopp)
Dual Held RC-P90 and Grenade Launcher (Xenia Onatopp)
Cougar Magnum (Natalya)
Remote Mine (Given by default)
- There is absolutely no music in this mission, apart from the ambient sound of the jungle and birds. At some points however (like fighting Onatopp and ending cutscene), an "X" version of the level's music will play. The original music, that was to be used in this level, is not used in the final version.
- One and only phrase Onatopp says before being killed, is: "This time, Mr. Bond, the pleasure will be all mine." At this point, if Onatopp is killed, she doesn't say anything anymore. If Onatopp kills Bond, however, she won't say anything on this matter, as well.
- The aforementioned phrase is the only phrase spoken by Onatopp during missions in GoldenEye 007, Onatopp doesn't say anything in the Train Mission, as she stands next to Trevelyan.
- The armor in this level is placed at several spots, independent of the difficulty.
- Dual RC-P90 and Grenade Launcher is an exclusive weapon combination for GoldenEye 007, as it doesn't appear anywhere in it, besides this mission.
- Killing Onatopp may be quick, if she is to be shot only in her head using either PP7 or the AR33.
- AR33 is recommended for this mission, because of the fog.
- The Guard towers are inaccessible, but at some point, hackers had made a ROM-hack to have updated guard towers so that they have ladders to climb onto.
- A glitch may occur during this mission, in which Natalya won't keep up with Bond. However, when this mission is finished with all of the objectives completed, she is seen running with him toward the elevator.
- Rarely ever, apart from Natalya's first phrase in this level - "Let's go to work.", she may insult the Jungle Commandos or say different phrases like: "Advantage - Natalya Simonova.". She may also comment her given weapon.
- Natalya Simonova is the only character in GoldenEye 007 that uses Cougar magnum.
- Cougar Magnum first appears here, but is used by Natalya.
- Cougar Magnum can be acquired later, and is available with Cheat Options.