The Moonraker Laser is a very powerful weapon comparable in power to the Cougar Magnum but with a much higher rate of fire and no magazine or ammunition limitations. It can normally only be found in Aztec but two cheats exist specifically to give Bond this weapon in every mission.
In the Bond film[edit | edit source]
The Moonraker Laser was featured in the 1979 film Moonraker, which was the name of the shuttle that was stolen by Drax industries. The laser was featured as a prototype in the film at the ranch in the courtyard with Q, and in space toward the end of the film. The Moonraker laser is an amazing weapon noted for its unlimited ammo, range, and accuracy.
GoldenEye 007: Reloaded[edit | edit source]
If you had purchased the "00 Edition" of GoldenEye 007: Reloaded on Playstation 3, you also received a redeemable code for an extra multiplayer character and the Moonraker Laser Pistol, also for multiplayer use.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The laser is called the "Military Laser" in the watch menu.
- The laser was much more common in pre-release versions of the game, appearing in the Facility, Bunker 1, and Silo levels. It was probably only used for testing and never intended to actually appear in those missions.
- In the original Moonraker movie, the Moonraker laser had a prop that is based around a plastic toy Uzi.
- The Moonraker Laser is able to shoot through doors, crates, guards and other objects similarly to the Cougar Magnum. (Note: Though it passes through bullet-proof glass, it may or may not damage enemies like the Magnum does.)
Glitches[edit | edit source]
- There is a rare glitch that can occur from time to time whenever a guard is dual-wielding the lasers. This glitch can occur whenever a guard tries to perform an offensive combat roll, and then open fire with both lasers after standing back. After this action, the guard may become stuck on his shooting animation, but he will not fire any shots and will simply just stand still with his lasers aiming at where he was going to fire. He will not react to Bond at all or move out of this glitch until he is shot and wounded or killed. This glitch may also occur in the Egyptian level when Baron Samedi's Magic DD44 Dostoveis are equipped with lasers when Bond faces him for the third and final time.