Each multiplayer stage has a series of spawn points, weapon locations for each of the eight different placement types, a flag for the scenario The Living Daylights, and (usually) body armor locations.
There are 11 stages normally selectable from the multiplayer menu. In addition, two other stages were created by Rare and are present on the game but can only be accessed with a GameShark or Pro Action Replay. Besides these stages, through hacking all the solo stages have been given multiplayer setups, and new multiplayer-only levels are now available.
Original Stages[edit | edit source]
- A vast sandstone temple with large, open rooms.
- A veritable maze of narrow, winding corridors.
Caves[edit | edit source]
- Dark, twisting caverns compose one of the smallest maps.
- Three floors, one narrow corridors underground, one large, open rooms, and another of walkways.
- The lower narrow corridors underneath Library. The smallest of the multiplayer maps.
Stack[edit | edit source]
- Large, blocky rooms with walkways overhead. This composes the upper two floors of Library.
- Battle in the first section of the Russian gas plant. Unlocked in the solo campaign.
- Unlocked in the solo campaign. Uses the second Bunker level.
- The same two-floor office complex from mission mode. Unlocked in the solo campaign.
- Damp and cavernous. Long narrow walkways and explosive barrels mark this stage. Unlocked in the solo campaign.
- The final mission. Battle between the massive pillars of the Egyptian Temple. Unlocked in the solo campaign.
- Weave between forgotten and abandoned statues of the communist era in this multiplayer arena. Available via cheat device.
- An array of unsteady walkways in the air. Available via cheat device.
- One of the storage areas in the Arkhangelsk Facility, separated by a single pillar-like structure in the middle. Available via cheat device.
New Stages[edit | edit source]
New multiplayer stages come in many forms:
- The earliest used GameShark/Pro Action Replay codes to convert existing setups for new arenas.
- The GoldenEye Setup Editor has made it possible to develop every solo stage into a mutliplayer map without limitation. Likewise, it has also streamlined the process for developing entirely new, user-created stages.
The most notable discovered Multi Mode stages are:
- The Quad - one of storage areas in Facility.
- Citadel (also includes the Solo Mode version)
- Antenna Cradle
- Statue Park.
The most notable GoldenEye Setup Editor levels, can be found here.