Proximity Mines is a weapon that is one of three types of mines found in GoldenEye, the other two being timed mines and remote mines. Proximity mines detonate whenever a moving object is within their range, making them perfect for taking out patrolling guards but wasteful for stationary objects.
- There is a short time after placing a mine before it becomes active. Use this time to get out of its range.
- The Motion-Sensor Bomb in the NTSC version of Super Smash Bros. Melee was modeled after this mine and the one in Perfect Dark.
- The game of origin on its trophy is listed as "TOP SECRET".
- The only appearance in Solo Mode of this weapon, is in Depot.
- In multiplayer players can attach mines to ammo crates and then quickly pickup the ammo before the mine arms itself. This will cause the mine to become invisible and thus even deadlier.