The Russian Commandant is found in the Dam, Surface I, and Bunker I levels. Unlike most generic enemy characters, there are exactly only three in the GoldenEye 007. They seem to be the head officers of their respective operations. Most Russian Commandants in GoldenEye 007 (Dam and Bunker), take considerable amount of damage to kill (even more then the amount of damage used to kill Russian Soldiers or Siberian Guard (Arkangelsk)), however, the one in Bunker I, will practically have the same amount of damage to kill, as the aforementioned guards. Also, in Dam, in particular, in that same guard shack, there will be a single Russian Soldier who takes that same amount of damage to kill as the Commandant there. Also, it can be noted that, being that they are the commanders of these guards, they don't have weaponry as superior as they do. These commandants are in charge of different things, depending on the location:
- The one in the Dam is in charge of protecting the Dam and its data. He is found in a guard shack.
- The one in the Surface I is in charge of protecting the communications dish and holds the key to a certain cabin, where another key can be found. He is found in a much different cabin.
- The one in Bunker I is in charge of protecting the GoldenEye satellite key and its data. He is found in an additional room in the main hall where the GoldenEye key is held.
They all wear brown Service Alpha uniforms with a Sam Browne belt, and wear an officer's cap, similar to that of Ourumov.
Each Russian Commandant uses a different weapon:
In the Dam, he uses a single DD44 Dostovei, a pistol familiar with military officers of the Soviet Union in GoldenEye 007.
In Surface I, he uses a single Klobb, and holds a key which may need to be recovered.
In Bunker I, he (oddly) uses a PP7 Special Issue. In this level, he can also throw hand grenades. The odd weapon choice of this commandant in this mission, may be because of the JSF reinforcements after the alarm has been sounded off.
- He is the 17th character on the roster.
- His head is based off "Martin".
- He becomes permanently available after the Antenna Cradle stage has been beaten.