The Soviet Missile Silo is set in Kirghizstan, and is the sixth level of the game. The guards here are Russian Infantry, and they use the KF7. The surroundings of the Silo are bland, having gray walls in the hallways and dirt walls in some of the fuel rooms. Here, Bond has to infiltrate the silo and stop the unscheduled test firings from going ahead. The only way to do this is to plant the C4 Plastiques in all the fuel rooms. After all the objectives are completed, you'll come to a hallway where General Ourumov is awaiting your arrival. If you shoot Ourumov enough to make him retreat, he'll drop a Briefcase and a Keycard. These items do not affect the outcome of any objectives or actions in the mission. After you have completed all the objectives, get to the elevator and the fuel room will promptly blow up.
It is known that, these missiles aren't actually Nuclear Missiles. But because there are circuit-boards found in this mission, it can be assumed that these missiles are actually for several GoldenEye satellites to be launched.
Silenced PP7 - Given By Default
DD44 Dostovei - Ourumov and Provoked scientists.
KF7 Soviet - Russian Infantry
Hand Grenades - Russian Infantry and Provoked Scientists.
Camera - Q's camera.
Plastique - Plastique C4 to place in the fuel rooms.
Keycards - dropped mainly by intimidated scientists.
Circuit Boards - collected in the fuel rooms.
DAT Tape - dropped by one of the scientist.
Scientist (If provoked on difficulties higher than Agent.)
General Ourumov - has the Dostovei pistol.
- The title of the level, Silo, is incorrect, because - there are several missile silos Bond comes across.
- Hackers and fans have discovered, that The Silo was supposed to have you start in a ventilation shaft, where you'd come out and climb a ladder. The vents and pre-sets remain in the games files.
- The Silo originally had an elevator, which was completely taken out of the game (This is evident from the "GoldenEye 007 E3 1996 - Silo Lift" video.)
- The Silo was supposed to feature AR33 weapon with a different sound and Jungle Commandos. (Evident from "GoldenEye 007 E3 1996 - Silo Lift" video.)
- If you kill Ourumov and get his Briefcase and Key, then these items won't have much of an affect on the level itself, despite the Key that can open a Silo door. Many speculate that this had something to do with a cut objective related to launching the nuke.
- The song Silo X can be heard in multi-player, but only for a short bit of time, since the original song is only supposed to be used for the getaway in the Silo mission. Because of this, after it plays, it will be completely silent.
- No area like the Silo appeared in the GoldenEye movie.
- Many people strongly believe, that the guards on the upper level when entering the second missile silo, are completely useless, since they don't attack Bond, but that is not true, as they may just guard other entrance to that level. In one occasion, they also guard an entrance to some armor on the very upper floors. However, because it's some there, it won't be a full fill of the armor meter.
- By switching to Unarmed, the Silo bay doors above one of the rocket will open. This does not work with the All-Guns cheat, however, because the Unarmed becomes the sniper rifle stock. This is considered an Easter Egg as it was scripted inside the level's setup code, which means it is intended, although it is probably a leftover from development.
- You can kill Ourumov before entering a room with him. To do this, you must have the door to him open, stand on the lower level so that you can see him, and shoot him many times in the head with a KF7 Soviet. He will then start losing armor, take damage, fall, and in one occasion, if you enter that room, his monologue line will show, despite him being dead. You can then get his items: Card, Briefcase and Dostovei pistol.