Unarmed is a weapon/ability, that Bond can utilize, in order to, conceal his other weapon, for example.
Bond also has the option of fighting unarmed in every mission. The attack animations consist of karate chops of Bond's Hand, meant to possibly hit certain nerves to debilitate or kill enemies.
While the chop has short range, it has a unique property unlike that of most other weapons; enemies unaware of Bond's presence can be silently killed in a single hit, with ammo conservation. Not only that, But if the enemy is carefully avoided when they actually noticed Bond, if they are then hit on the back with the unarmed, then it will most definitely be fatal.
When this weapon is active, however, the hand that attacks is not always seen in the view, as it will be seen when it's actually used.
Names[edit | edit source]
1P Watch List: Unarmed
1P Abort Screen: Unarmed
Weapon of Choice: Unarmed
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Once Bond picks up the Sniper Rifle, unarmed will be switched to its stock.
- In some stages, Unarmed is your only stealth weapon. It is particularly useful in Archives.
- A player using Unarmed is not tracked by auto-aim, regardless of what they actually carry. This allows for some leeway when outgunned or after respawns.
- If the attacker is killed around midway through the attack, the chop itself still continues as an active hitbox, making it possible to not only injure, but kill players beyond the grave with a ghost attack. This can turn out very handy in LTK, where it all but guarantees a kill.
- It was, and is, a common joke in the GoldenEye community, that Bond is not attacking with karate, but rather, a slap. This, coupled with the relatively light-hearted and cartoony impact noises of the attack, makes it truly seem as if Bond is humorously slapping enemies. The joke itself has origins in the development team of GoldenEye - so much so, a gamemode (Slappers only!) revolving around the unarmed attack exists in multiplayer.